ROOM SELECTION PROCESS
Please follow the steps below before proceeding to the application.
- Meet all financial requirements before applying for housing: (No rooms will be assigned without financial clearance).
- Account paid in full and $250 Room Reservation Fee paid (can use credit on student account).
- Complete the Annual FAFSA online and save the confirmation for your financial aid counselor. Get financial clearance from your financial aid counselor.
- Settle any outstanding Residence Life fines to receive a room assignment.
- Decide on your roommates.
- All units will have a total of 6 people residing in a unit. If you do not have 5 other roommates, we will place more roommates in your unit based on your roommate preferences. If there is a room with less than the capacity as time goes on, Nyack College reserves the right to switch your room or add students to your room at any point in the semester.
- Requested roommates who are not cleared or have not settled Residence Life fines: Each student has the option to request roommates on their housing application. If the requested roommates have not applied, are not cleared, or have Residence Life fines, the Housing office will hold their place until July 1, at which time the college may place other students in the room.
- Read the Room Selection Considerations below and agree to the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to the Current Student Housing Application.
Returning your form before the final dates will not guarantee your room preference.
All applications will be accepted until the beginning of the Add/Drop Period for Fall 2022, Wednesday, September 7, 2022. You will have until the end of the Add/Drop period, Wednesday, September 14, 2022, to get financially cleared and have all appropriate paperwork submitted.
ROOM SELECTION CONSIDERATIONS
- Priority in room selection is determined by the number of academic credit hours earned by the end of the previous semester. In the event two people with the same number of credits apply for the same unit, other criteria will be used.
- All units will have a total of 6 people living in a unit. If there is a unit that has less than 6 people, the Housing Office reserves the right to add people into the unit, based on roommate preferences, or change your unit to a different one.
- Any Current Student Housing Application with financial clearance received after April 30 will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please be advised that it is in your best interest to take care of housing during the dates assigned for room selection.
- Please note, due to the growth in the student body and high demand for campus housing, the college reserves the right to change assigned units as necessary. Nyack College also reserves the right to place a student in any available space in units to reach the maximum capacity of 6 people per unit. It is important to know that your room will be operating at full occupancy. Residents residing in units must ensure that the unassigned space and furniture remain vacant for resident placement as we are continually housing students. Current residents must maintain all appropriate shared spaces (e.g., cabinets, refrigerators, storage closets, beds, desks, etc.) to be available for equal access by any new resident assigned to the space.
OFF CAMPUS REQUEST
If you are planning to move off campus for the Fall 2022 semester, please consider the following:
- All full-time Freshmen and Sophomore students under the age of 21 are required to live on campus unless living at home with a parent or guardian.
- Moving off campus is only allowed during Summer and Winter breaks. If you decide to move off campus during the Fall and Spring semester, you will be responsible for full semester room and board charges.
- A student must get financial clearance from Student Financial Services by submitting the Annual FAFSA and by making sure their student account is paid in full for the current semester. If you have any questions, please contact your financial aid counselor. (Note: Student Athletes are required to live on campus. Student Athletes who receive permission to live off-campus will have their scholarship reduced accordingly).
- All students wanting to live off campus must fill out the Off Campus Request Form available online here.