FALL 2019 SEMESTER ROOM AND BOARD CHARGES
|Christie Hall & Moseley Hall||Single Room||$5,500.00|
|Simpson Hall||Double, Private Bath Room||$5,500.00|
|Christie Hall, Simpson Hall & Moseley Hall||Standard Room||$5,000.00|
ROOM SELECTION PROCESS
Please follow the steps below before proceeding to the application.
1. Meet all financial requirements before applying for housing: (No rooms will be assigned without financial clearance).
a. Account paid in full and $150 Room Reservation Fee paid (can use credit on student account). The $150 Room Reservation Fee is fully refundable until July 15, 2019.
b. Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA online and print out the confirmation page to show your financial aid counselor. Get financial clearance from your financial aid counselor.
2. All Residence Life fines must be paid in order to receive a room assignment.
3. Decide on your roommate and the residence hall you would like to live in.
a. Requested roommates who are not cleared or have Residence Life fines: Each student has the option to request roommates on their housing application. If the requested roommates have not applied, are not cleared or have Residence Life fines, the Auxiliary Services office will hold their place until July 15, at which time the college reserves the right to place another student in the room.
4. Read the Room Selection Considerations below and agree to the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to the Current Student Housing Application.
5. Submit your application according to the schedule below:
|Credit Hours at the end of Fall 2018||*Days to Submit a Current Student Housing Application|
|60 or more credits||Monday, March 25 – Sunday, March 31|
|0-59 credits||Monday, April 01 – Sunday, April 7|
* Returning your form before the final dates will not guarantee your room preference.
ROOM SELECTION CONSIDERATIONS
- In an effort to keep our incoming community together there will be designated incoming freshmen floors in Christie and Simpson Hall.
- Single rooms in Christie Hall and Moseley Hall and double rooms with private baths in Simpson Hall are primarily for junior and senior students. Priority will be given to students with the most credits earned. Current students who request a single or double with private bath after all singles and doubles with private baths have been assigned may request to be placed on the waiting list by marking the appropriate box on the application.
- Priority in room selection is determined by the number of academic credit hours earned by the end of Fall 2018. In the event that two people with the same number of credit hours apply for the same room, other criteria will be used.
- Although a specific room may currently be designated a certain occupancy, it may be slated as either a lower or higher occupancy next year. Check with the Auxiliary Services office for occupancy and room numbers to help in planning your room request.
- Any Current Student Housing Application with financial clearance received after April 1 will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please be advised that it is in your best interest to take care of housing during the dates assigned for room selection.
- Please note due to the growth in the student body and high demand for campus housing, the college reserves the right to change assigned rooms as necessary. In such cases, the college will provide students with alternate campus housing options. Nyack College also reserves the right to place a student in any available space on campus. As a courtesy, we make every effort to notify residents that a student they have not selected as a roommate has been placed in the room. However, it is important to always assume that your room will be operating at full occupancy.
OFF CAMPUS REQUEST
If you are planning to move off campus for the Fall 2019 year, please consider the following:
1. All full-time Freshmen and Sophomore students under the age of 21 are required to live on campus unless living at home with a parent or guardian.
2. Moving off campus is only allowed during Summer and Winter breaks. If you decide to move off campus during the Fall and Spring semester, you will be responsible for full semester room and board charges.
3. A student must get financial clearance from Student Financial Services by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA and by making sure their student account is paid in full for the current semester. If you have any questions, contact your financial aid counselor. Commuter students are eligible for a maximum of $4,000 from Nyack grants and scholarships. Your account may be adjusted accordingly (see Nyack College Catalog for details).
4. All students wanting to live off campus must fill out the Off Campus Request Form available online here.