FALL 2020 NEW STUDENT ROOM SELECTION
We trust that you are anticipating your college experience with much enthusiasm. Some of life’s most exciting experiences lie just ahead. The following is important information you need to know as a new Nyack College residential student:
ROOM SELECTION PROCESS
Please follow the steps below before proceeding to the application.
- You may fill out your Housing Application and submit your Room Retainer Fee on this page. Your Application will be considered once we receive these items.
- The $250 room retainer fee will place a room on hold and is credited to your account with the college.
- The room retainer fee is fully refundable until July 1.
- Decide on your roommates.
- All units will have a total of 6 people residing in a unit. If you do not have 5 other roommates, we will place more roommates in your unit based on your roommate preferences. Please answer the roommate preferences as honest as possible. If there is a room with less than the capacity as time goes on, Nyack College reserves the right to switch your room or add students to your room at any point in the semester.
- Requested roommates who are not cleared: Each student has the option to request roommates on their housing application. If the requested roommates have not applied or are not cleared, the Auxiliary Services office will hold their place until July 1, at which time the college will place other students in the room.
- Read the Room Selection Considerations below and agree to the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to the New Student Housing Application.
READY TO APPLY?
WHO AM I LIVING WITH?
In an effort to keep our incoming community together, there will be designated incoming freshmen units on Floor 4 and Floor 5.
Once we place you in a room with your roommates, you will receive an email with your room and roommates’ information on it. We need to receive your Housing Application and Room Reservation Fee before we can process your request. We will begin housing new students in mid-June and continue throughout the summer. We will do our best to match you with roommates that have similar preferences. However, it is always best to list a roommate preference you may have in mind and have your preferred roommate list you on their application as well. Each room will have six occupants. If your room falls below six people, students may be relocated by the Housing office to another room to fulfill the maximum capacity.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
New students should plan to arrive on campus the Sunday before Labor Day. Additional information can be found on our new Student Orientation website “Ignite” that will be available for viewing this summer.