Nyack’s leadership positions provide students with a great opportunity to build leadership, communication, and advocacy skills, develop your ability to work within a team, foster confidence, serve others, create community, and form relationships with your peers across the Nyack College campus. We are pleased that you have taken the time to consider one of these leadership positions. Whether you become an Orientation Leader, Student Activities Team Member, Worship Leader, or Resident Assistant, we believe these important leadership positions will supplement your academic, employment, and relational pursuits by providing you with challenges, successes, group interaction skills and personal growth opportunities.
To be considered for a student leadership position as a Resident Assistant or Student Activities Team Member you must do the following:
- Complete the online application by Friday, January 31, 2020
- This includes a resume, short essay (200 to 500 words), and the mandatory recommendations from a non-family member and employer/supervisor.
- Group Interviews occurring Monday, February 10- Thursday, February 13, 2020 and Monday, February 17- Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Second Interview
- Attend Group Process with other applicants and managers on Saturday, March 28, 2020. There will be a morning session and an afternoon session that you can choose from in the application.
- Final interview with staff member(s).
We hope to send out offer letters during the first week of April.
All hired student leaders are expected to attend 3 of the 5 Leadership Workshops that will be scheduled during the month of April. Dates and times will be announced.
Please read through the application carefully and be sure to meet all deadlines and criteria. The application is your first step in the selection process and is representative of your skills and qualities.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Development by phone: (845) 675- 4790 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org