As you consider all of your financing needs and questions, it is our hope that our Student Financial Services team will be of great help to you. At Nyack College, we have setup our financial aid processing and student billing all together in one office – Student Financial Services. We like to refer to ourselves as the “One Stop Money Shop” 🙂 It is our desire to give you personalized service as you navigate through the process of financing your education.
As you navigate through our page, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Please make sure to make use of our financial aid links on the right side of the page as well as navigate through all the menus on the left side of the page.
Our office motto is “Helping you make Nyack a reality.” We do everything possible to make a Nyack education as affordable as possible and to present you with all the options to help make decisions that are best for you and your family. We believe strongly that where God calls, he provides. We are believing with you that the Lord will give you wisdom and everything you need to enroll here at Nyack!
As you review the cost of Nyack and possible loan debt, we want to make you aware of the average loan debt data from our recent graduating class:
2019-2020 TUITION AND FEES
TUITION* (FULL ACADEMIC YEAR) $25,000
TECHNOLOGY FEE (FULL ACADEMIC YEAR) $500
RESIDENT FEES** (ROOM & BOARD, FULL ACADEMIC YEAR) $10,000
TOTAL FOR RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS (FULL ACADEMIC YEAR) $35,500
* TUITION LISTED ABOVE IS FOR FULL TIME ENROLLED STUDENTS FOR BOTH FALL 2019 AND SPRING 2020 SEMESTERS AND INCLUDES 12-18 CREDITS PER SEMESTER. COST PER CREDIT FOR PART-TIME ENROLLMENT WILL BE $1,040/CREDIT. CREDITS OVER 18 WILL BE $620/CREDIT.
** FALL 2019 STANDARD ROOM & BOARD IN NYACK, NY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR $5,000/SEMESTER. SPRING 2020 ROOM & BOARD WILL BE IN JERSEY CITY FOR $5,000/SEMESTER. PLEASE VISIT NYACKINNYC.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE JERSEY CITY HOUSING. FALL 2019 SINGLES & PRIVATE BATHROOMS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN NYACK, NY FOR $5,500/SEMESTER.
THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL ACADEMIC FEES TO THE COST ABOVE BASED ON COURSES TAKEN BY EACH STUDENT AND DEPENDING ON WHAT ACADEMIC PROGRAM IS CHOSEN. FOR NURSING PROGRAM STUDENTS, THERE ARE NURSING PROGRAM FEES OF $1,000/SEMESTER.
SUMMER COURSES WILL BE OFFERED AT THE TUITION OVERLOAD RATE OF $620/CREDIT.
FOR FULL LIST OF TUITION AND FEES SEE THE CURRENT NYACK COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE CATALOG
THE FEDERAL DEFINITION OF ‘COST OF ATTENDANCE’ FOR A FULL-TIME, RESIDENTIAL STUDENT INCLUDES THESE FIVE FACTORS ANNUALLY: TUITION & FEES, ROOM & BOARD, BOOKS & SUPPLIES, PERSONAL EXPENSES, AND TRAVEL EXPENSES
TUITION & FEES: $25,500
ROOM & BOARD: $10,000
BOOKS & SUPPLIES: $1,000
PERSONAL EXPENSES: $3,215
TRAVEL EXPENSES: $1,900 (on-campus), $3,000 (off-campus)
TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE: $41,615 (on-campus), $42,715 (off-campus)
Federal Financial Aid is available in 3 different forms: grants, loans (below) and work-study. These types of financial aid help cover school expenses, including tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, and transportation. Most aid is need-based, and you are required to file a FAFSA in order to be eligible for any federal aid. Once you have applied for your FAFSA and you have been accepted to Nyack your Award Letter will inform you what you are eligible for. You may also be selected for a Federal process called verification.
When taking out loans to pay for school, remember you are making an investment. Borrow wisely and only if absolutely necessary to pay for college related costs.
Nyack College Student Loan Code of Conduct
- All Nyack lender lists are based solely on the best interests of student and parents without regard to financial interests of Nyack.
- Nyack receives no revenue, trips, or gifts from any lender in exchange for placement on the college’s lender lists.
- Borrowers have the right and ability to select any lender of their choice, regardless of whether they are included on the Nyack lender list.
- Detailed information about borrower benefits, fees and the sale of loans is provided in an on-line resource for comparison of lenders.
- Each lender on the Nyack lender list is present due to past performance of student and parent service and good to excellent borrower benefits. Each is evaluated annually to ensure ongoing accurate and truth-in-practice borrower benefits and services.
- Nyack College’s Student Financial Services staff does not currently serve on any lending institution’s advisory board.
- Nyack does not and will not allow any lender to identify themselves as employees of Nyack and to work in or provide staffing for SFS without proper disclosure and transparency.