School of Social Work: Director of Field Education
Job Posted: 10/22/2018
Job Type: Faculty
School of Social Work
The School of Social Work has an opening for the full-time, 11-month position of Director of Field Education. The Director of Field Education is responsible for the overall development of Field Education programs and policies across program levels, BSW and MSW, and across all campus sites. The Director of Field Education is especially expected to continuously improve the Field Education Program as the signature pedagogy of the social work program and work in conjunction with BSW and MSW program directors and other faculty members as needed. This position reports to the Dean of the School of Social Work.
Duties and responsibilities include:
● Field Placement Management
● Education of Field Instructors
● Education of Field Liaisons
● Revision of Field Manual and All Forms in the Field Program
● Resolution of Problems Affecting Field Learning
● Field Education Program Assessment
● Long Range Planning For the Field Program
● Coordination of Public Relations Between Field Instruction Sites And The Social Work Program
● Students Preparation and Placements for Field Courses
● Curriculum Development and Accreditation
● Committee Memberships
● Manage intern tracking database
1) Master’s Degree in Social Work and five years of relevant post-graduate professional practice experience.
3) Experience with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban population.
4) Program administration experience.
5) Experience building collaborative community partnerships.
6) Supervisory experience.
1) 8+ years of professional post-graduate Social Work Experience.
2) 5+ years of prior relevant program development and program administration experience in social work or educational settings.
3) 3+ years of experience supervising professional level staff.
4) 2+ years of student internship supervision (Field Instructor, Field Liaison, etc.)
5) 2+ years of experience working with accrediting institutions and implementing accreditation standards into programs.
6) 2+ years of demonstrated experience or training in mediation or conflict resolution.
7) Demonstrated understanding of data and assessment for program evaluation.
8) Seminar In Field Instruction Certificate
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please submit the letter of application outlining your practice and teaching experience, curriculum vitae, three letters of references and a completed Faculty Applications to:
Dr. Janet E Furness, ED.D., LMSW, ACSW
Professor and Director, MSW Program
School of Social Work
2 Washington Street NY, NY 10004
Submissions could also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org