School of Social Work: Assistant Field Education Coordinator
Job Posted: 08/03/2022
Job Type: Part-Time Staff
School of Social Work
The Assistant Field Education Coordinator assists the Director of Field Education with implementing Field Education Program requirements and placing students with a field agency. It requires working closely with agencies and social work students to match them with placement opportunities that are aligned with CSWE accreditation standards and the social work program requirements. The Assistant Field Education Coordinator covers the basic responsibilities of the Director of Field Education in the absence of the Director.
- 30-hours work week – On-campus and available to Field Director and Social Work students (3 days per week)
- Assist the Field Director with implementing Field Education program requirements and problem-solve difficulties and conflicts in placements should they occur.
- Establish a rapport with partnering field agencies in the Greater New York City area, and neighboring states (New Jersey, Connecticut) to recruit new agencies to partner with the Field Education program.
- Provide new intern account login for applicants (InPlace): Collect, review, and process field education applications, and related forms (BSW Juniors, Seniors, and, MSW Generalist and Specialization students(.
- Meet with Field Education applicants to discuss placement interests, learning needs, and career goals.
- Assign eligible students to appropriate agency field placement sites and officially inform Director and students of the Field Education placement.
- Collect and save, Agency Enrollment, Agency Affiliation, and Field Schedules from Agencies
- Collect, review, and process all forms related to Field Instructors and Faculty Liaisons (including Field Learning Plan, Agency Site Visit forms, and evaluations of Faculty Liaisons).
- Utilize designated Field Education Software (InPlace) to collect and manage all forms related to Field Education. (Student, Faculty Liaisons, and Field Instructors)
- Assist with annual updates of Field manuals (BSW & MSW)
- Collaborate with Faculty Liaisons and Field Instructors regarding the administration of field tasks and responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in departmental faculty meetings and field committees.
- Other Field Program development tasks as assigned.
- Degree in Social Work preferred, or a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of the Social Work profession and practice
- Minimum of one to two years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and communication skills (creative, patient, tactful, and culturally sensitive)
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking, and organizational skills, problem-solving; policy interpretation and implementation skills
- Advanced level skills in operating in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarization with, or the ability to learn student’s field placement system (InPlace)
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently in the program, and interact constructively with students, faculty, staff and the professional community
- Demonstrated ability to work with and respect all individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities and race
- Experience in an educational environment and working with college students is a plus
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Field Education
2 Washington St
New York, NY 10004
via e-mail to email@example.com