Assistant or Associate Professor of Biology
Job Posted: 07/07/2022
Job Type: Faculty
Location: New York City
Nyack College School of Arts & Sciences is seeking to hire a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Biology to teach Biology courses. Nyack College is an undergraduate and graduate-level liberal arts college committed to Christian higher education and educating a diverse student body within major urban centers. The New York City campus is located in a new facility overlooking the scenic views of the Hudson River in Battery Park NY.
Courses to be taught include Ecology, Principles of Nutrition, General Biology I and II, Microbiology, Human Biology, Genetics, Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Senior Seminar. Courses include supervising lab assistants, lecture, and recitation components.
- Earned Master’s degree in Biology or a related field, Ph.D. preferred
- College-level teaching experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of students and colleagues
- Commitment to Christian higher education and supportive of the Core Values of the College
- Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to Dr. Jeffrey Dueck, Associate Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences via email to Jeffrey.Dueck@nyack.edu
- Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled
- CVs will be kept on hand for future reference should other opportunities and course work become available