School of Arts & Sciences: Anatomy & Physiology Adjunct Instructor
Job Posted: 10/23/2019
Job Type: Part-time Faculty
Location: New York City
Nyack College School of Arts & Sciences is seeking to hire an Adjunct Lecturer to teach Anatomy & Physiology during the Summer 2020 semester.
Anatomy & Physiology is a 4-credit course which examines the structure of the human body and how it normally functions. The topics covered include a study of the chemical, cellular, and tissue components of the body and four organ systems: the integumentary, skeletal, muscular and nervous systems. Prominent disorders and current medical developments related to these topics will also be discussed. Laboratory components include microscopic work, dissection, and a field trip to a local health care facility or museum. The course includes laboratory, lecture, and recitation components. The adjunct lecturer will regularly communicate with the Department Chair regarding students’ ongoing progress and submit final course grades in a timely manner.
- Earned Master’s degree in Biology or a related field
- College-level teaching experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of students and colleagues
- Commitment to Christian higher education and supportive of the Core Values of the College
- Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Department Chair and Professor of Biology, at email@example.com
- Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the necessary position is filled
- CVs will be kept on hand for future reference should other opportunities and course work become available