Nyack College Counseling Center
At this time the College has moved all classes to remote learning for our students to help keep them safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. The Counseling Center has responded by offering to provide Telehealth Counseling. Students who are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set an appointment.
Telehealth Counseling will be extended till the end of June.
Webinar: Support for Students During Uncertain Times-April 13th @3pm
- Identifying Normal Reactions
- Learning to Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Dealing with Grief and Loss
- Social Distance vs. Isolation
- Tips on Academic Success
Support Workshops Series:
- Managing Stress and Distance Learning Success-April 24th @ 4pm – Event flier (PDF)
- Exploring Strategies for Stress Management During Finals
- Tips on Time Management and Organization
- Dealing with Procrastination and Motivation
- Cultivating Holistic Wellness-TBA
- Identifying Wellness through the Dimensions of Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial, and Social.
- How to Recover from Burnout and Empathy Fatigue
- Create Personal Self-Care Plan
The goal is to create a safe space once a week for an hour on Zoom to come together as a Nyack College community and share our experiences and support during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you are interested in joining one of these spaces please email: email@example.com to sign up.
- Support for Coping with Grief and Loss
- Support for Coping Stress and Anxiety
- Support for Culativing Social Connection
- Support for Student Athletes
- Support for International Students
- Support for Students with Families
- Support for Faculty and Staff
- Support for Graduates May/August 2020
(We can create additional Support Spaces upon Request)
- NYC WELL: 1-800-NYC-WELL
- NYS Hotline 1-844-863-9314
- SAMHSA: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
The Nyack College Counseling Center is dedicated to help you during your college experience in achieving healing and healthy progressive personal development. We provide free, short-term, confidential (fullest extent allowable by law), counseling in a supportive and safe environment through individual, couple, and group sessions.
Maggie Labocki, MA, LMHC, CCMHC
Director of Counseling Services
The Director is supported by three Counseling Interns completing their Masters from Alliance Graduated School of Counseling and five Counseling Externs, graduated with their Master of Arts in Counseling and holding a limited permit with the State of New York. The entire Counseling Staff is available to assist and support you.
Who We Serve
The Undergraduate Students enrolled at the Rockland Campus of Nyack College.
Why Come to Us
The following is a partial list of concerns that students may address in counseling: