The Student Development staff is excited that you’re here and want you to know that we’re committed to supporting your efforts to make the 2022-2023 academic year an amazing one.
From time to time, we’ll be in touch with special announcements and reminders about opportunities you should be aware of to enhance your campus life experience. Today, we’re writing to encourage you to take advantage of the New Student Orientation Edvance360 Course, which will be available to you for the entire fall semester.
You may access the New Student Orientation Edvance360 Course by logging into your NyackSSO account at my.nyack.edu. Click on Edvance360 and select the tab at the top of the page that will take you to the course,“New Student Orientation.” On the left hand side of the page you will see an option for “Lessons.” This is where you will find invaluable information to help you navigate your campus life experience.
If you have any questions, concerns, comments or you just want to say hello, come visit us on campus at 2 Washington Street! The Student Engagement Office is located on the 20th floor (Room 2034). Our office hours are 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
IGNITE is designed to welcome new students to the Nyack College community. You will still be placed in an orientation group with other new students and student leaders. This group will be your orientation group and will remain a valuable connection as you move throughout your year. Expect to connect with administration, faculty, staff, and peers as you get to know the community through games, activities, and workshops. This is a required event for all incoming new students. Stay tuned to this page for upcoming details on the Ignite New Student Orientation for the Fall 2022 semester that we are working on for you!
WHAT IS IGNITE?
- Our required new student orientation to the campus, college life and the culture of Nyack College
- A time to be placed in a mentor group–a valuable connection for the year ahead
- A chance to bond and build community with other students, staff and campus leaders
- A required event for all incoming new students
- A beginning to what we hope will be a memorable relationship!
WHEN IS IGNITE?
Our Ignite experience will be held in-person on the following dates:
Sunday, Sept. 4th at 12:00 PM – Move In Day for New Residential Students
Monday, Sept. 5th at 9:30 AM – Orientation Begins (2 Washington St.)
-Break up into Ignite Orientation Groups
-Orientation of the Building
-Get to know each other as you meet the city
Tuesday, September 6 – (2 Washington St.)
10:00 AM -Welcome from Dean Velez
-Plenary Session- Alumni Stories
-Q&A with Speakers
12:00 PM -Lunch
12:45 PM – Get to know President Matthews
-Parent Panel- A session to answer questions parents may have – There will be a link shared with students for viewing
1:30 PM – Q&A with Advisement Center & College to Career Services
2:00 PM – Get to Know YOUR University’s Resources, meet key members of our different departments
3:15 PM – Learn how to Navigate YOUR student portal Session
3:30 PM – Closing Prayer and Communion Service – Pastor Charles Hammond
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Information on how our community will adhere to the COVID-19 Guidelines
- Important session on Nyack College’s Emergency Training procedures
- Helpful advice from your faculty
- Meeting other new students
- Creating community with current students
- Fun activities and games
- Attending informative workshops
- Building Trust
- Sharing hopes, dreams, fears, and life tips!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- An open mind
- A list of questions that our orientation leaders and team can answer to assist you in your transition to college life
LIVING IN THE RESIDENCE HALLS
The Housing website provides a lot of information.