IGNITE is designed to welcome new students to the Nyack College community. While our orientation will be online due to current circumstances, you will still be placed in an orientation group with other new students and student leaders. This group will be your orientation group and will remain a valuable connection as you move throughout your year. Expect to connect with administration, faculty, staff, and peers as you get to know the community through games, activities, and workshops. This is a required event for all incoming new students. Stay tuned to this page for upcoming details on the virtual Ignite New Student Orientation for the Fall 2021 semester that we are working on for you!
WHAT IS IGNITE?
- Our required new student orientation to the campus, college life and the culture of Nyack College
- A time to be placed in a mentor group–a valuable connection for the year ahead
- A chance to bond and build community with other students, staff and campus leaders
- A required event for all incoming new students
- A beginning to what we hope will be a memorable relationship!
WHEN IS IGNITE?
- Our Ignite experience will be held virtually at the following times:
Monday, Aug. 30 3:00 PM-4:30 PM & 6:00 PM-7:30 PM
Tuesday, Aug. 31 10:00 AM-11:30 AM
Wednesday, Sept. 1 6:00 PM-7:30 PM
Thursday, Sept. 2 10:00 AM-11:30 AM
Monday, Sept. 6 6:00 PM-7:30 PM
Wednesday, Sept 15 6:00 PM-7:30 PM
- New students will receive an email at their Nyack email regarding the details to register for a virtual orientation experience. We encourage new students to participate virtually as we will then have an in-person, on-campus luncheon for incoming students to register for as well. New students will receive an email at their Nyack email regarding the details to register for the luncheon.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Information on how our community will adhere to the COVID-19 Guidelines
- Important session on Nyack College’s Emergency Training procedures
- Helpful advice from your faculty
- Meeting other new students
- Creating community with current students
- Fun activities and games
- Attending informative workshops
- Building Trust
- Sharing hopes, dreams, fears, and life tips!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- An open mind
- A list of questions that our orientation leaders and team can answer to assist you in your transition to college life
LIVING IN THE RESIDENCE HALLS
The Housing website provides a lot of information.