The Student Development staff is excited that you’re here and want you to know that we’re committed to supporting your efforts to make the 2021-2022 academic year an amazing one.
From time to time, we’ll be in touch with special announcements and reminders about opportunities you should be aware of to enhance your campus life experience. Today, we’re writing to encourage you to take advantage of the New Student Orientation Edvance360 Course, which will be available to you for the entire fall semester.
You may access the New Student Orientation Edvance360 Course by logging into your NyackSSO account at my.nyack.edu. Click on Edvance360 and select the tab at the top of the page that will take you to the course,“New Student Orientation.” On the left hand side of the page you will see an option for “Lessons.” This is where you will find invaluable information to help you navigate your campus life experience.
If you have any questions, concerns, comments or you just want to say hello, come visit us on campus at 2 Washington Street! The Student Engagement Office is located on the 20th floor (Room 2034). Our office hours are 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
IGNITE is designed to welcome new students to the Nyack College community. While our orientation will be online due to current circumstances, you will still be placed in an orientation group with other new students and student leaders. This group will be your orientation group and will remain a valuable connection as you move throughout your year. Expect to connect with administration, faculty, staff, and peers as you get to know the community through games, activities, and workshops. This is a required event for all incoming new students. Stay tuned to this page for upcoming details on the virtual Ignite New Student Orientation for the Spring 2022 semester that we are working on for you!
WHAT IS IGNITE?
- Our required new student orientation to the campus, college life and the culture of Nyack College
- A time to be placed in a mentor group–a valuable connection for the year ahead
- A chance to bond and build community with other students, staff and campus leaders
- A required event for all incoming new students
- A beginning to what we hope will be a memorable relationship!
WHEN IS IGNITE?
Our Ignite experience will be held virtually at the following times:
- Friday, January 14 at 3:00 PM-4:30 PM
- Monday, January 17 at 10:00 AM-11:30 AM and 6:00 PM-7:30 PM
- Tuesday, January 18 at 3:00 PM-4:30 PM
New students will receive an email at their Nyack email regarding the details to register for a virtual orientation experience.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Information on how our community will adhere to the COVID-19 Guidelines
- Important session on Nyack College’s Emergency Training procedures
- Helpful advice from your faculty
- Meeting other new students
- Creating community with current students
- Fun activities and games
- Attending informative workshops
- Building Trust
- Sharing hopes, dreams, fears, and life tips!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- An open mind
- A list of questions that our orientation leaders and team can answer to assist you in your transition to college life
LIVING IN THE RESIDENCE HALLS
The Housing website provides a lot of information.