Assistant Professor/Full-time Faculty Position, Alliance Graduate School of Counseling, Mental Health Counseling Program (AGSC-MHC)
Job Posted: 10/23/2019
Job Type: Faculty
The Alliance Graduate School of Counseling at Nyack College invites applications for an Assistant Professor/Full-time Faculty (9-month) position. Start date for the position is mid-August, 2020. We are seeking an individual who shares our vision for teaching, mentoring and training highly competent, compassionate, and effective professional student counselors in our Mental Health Counseling Program. AGSC graduates of the Master of Arts in MHC meet the educational and supervision requirements of the New York State licensure NCMHCE exam for eligibility for the LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) licensure.
Nyack College is a multi-cultural institution that represents the beautiful tapestry of the diversity found in the New York City Metropolitan Area. The MHC program invites applicants who wish to join a growing student body and faculty of diversity in contributing to the training of counselors who will move out into the world to serve the community at large. Appointed professors will have the opportunity to teach courses on both the on-campus and online platforms.
Distinctives of the Program include a focus on self-of-the-therapist training, work from a clinical and spiritual integration and observation in field and academic supervision as part of the student Internship requirement. As a Christian institution, applicants are sought who are respectful and supportive of a spiritual world-view. Further, the department fosters the growth of students, faculty, and staff by receiving supportive mentoring from each other and senior faculty. More information about the school and program may be found at https://www.nyack.edu/site/ma-mental-health-counseling/
Assistant Professor/Full-time responsibilities include:
- Teaching 6 graduate-level courses per year (usually 3 per semester= 18 credit load)
- Developing and carrying out a productive research agenda in clinical, supervision, or education issues in the professional counseling field
- Serving on departmental, school, and university committees
- Attending all institutional and departmental faculty meetings
- Academic advising and mentoring of graduate students
- Participation and leadership in the profession
- Record of active involvement in professional organizations such as ACA, ASCA, ACES
- Possess an earned doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision or a closely related field, preferably from a CACREP-accredited doctoral program
- Be licensed or license-eligible as a licensed professional counselor (LMHC) in NYS
- Possess advanced clinical, supervision, and teaching skills
- Demonstrate the potential for an active and productive program of research
- Demonstrate emerging professional leadership skills in professional counseling and/or counselor education
- Demonstrate support for a diverse array of worldviews and faith traditions
For more information about the position, please contact Dr. Antoinette Ginés-Rivera, AGSC Director and chair of the search committee at Antoinette.email@example.com
- Submit applications to Dr. Ginés-Rivera
- Complete the application at Nyack College Faculty Application
- Applications must include a statement of interest, curriculum vita, and complete contact list for at least three references.
- Official transcript
- Names, addresses, e-mails, and telephones numbers of three persons who will agree to provide letters of reference. (Transcripts and letters of reference will be required only from finalists.)
- Samples of scholarly work, including publications, are welcome.
Application review will begin February 2020 in order to fill the position for the 2020-2021 academic year.