Nursing Skills Lab Manager
Job Posted: 03/13/2019
Job Type: Staff
Nyack College School of Nursing is seeking to hire a Nursing Skills Lab Manager. The Lab Manager will be responsible for taking the lead role in the skills and simulation lab. The Lab Manager reports to the Dean of Nursing. This individual should be passionate for teaching and working with students and possess both excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as be flexible and open to new ideas to improve and enhance student learning.
Lab Manager Responsibilities:
- Consult with the Dean of Nursing for purchasing and maintaining lab equipment necessary to provide high-fidelity simulation experiences for the nursing program
- Ensure the nursing lab is organized and all equipment is accounted for, accessible and secure
- Provide, mentor and support nursing skill instruction and simulation experiences
- Provide instructor with support and guidance needed during lab times
- Coordinate open lab times, precept nursing students during lab and remediation activities as needed
- Perform clerical duties including ordering supplies, filing, scheduling lab times, and tracking and maintaining equipment
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned by the Dean of School of Nursing
- Earned Master’s degree in nursing or a related field
- Current NYS professional nursing license (RN)
- Three years’ experience in acute care nursing
- Competent in computer skills
- Submit Staff Application, cover letter and curriculum vitae to Dr. Inseon Hwang, Dean at School of Nursing at email@example.com
- Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the necessary positions are filled.
- CVs will be kept on hand for future reference should other opportunities and course work become available.