Financial Aid Counselor
Job Posted: 05/17/2019
Job Type: Staff
Nyack College’s Office of Student Financial Services at the Manhattan campus has an opening for the position of Financial Aid Counselor.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be able to multitask and engage a dynamic and challenging office environment.
The primary position objective is assist current students and parents with the financial aid process from the time of acceptance to the point of paying their student bill in full during each semester of enrollment. Duties and responsibilities include ensuring that students’ semester bills are correct on an ongoing basis; communicating with students having delinquent accounts; collecting missing documents and any necessary paperwork from students and/or their families; explaining the financial aid process to those with questions; learning and working daily with the campus database system; evaluating federal tax forms for financial aid processing; and working closely with the staff in other offices to provide streamlined service to students.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or experience in related field
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, and organized self-learner
- Experience in customer service and excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google apps and comfortable with database programs
- Familiarity with tax forms and fundamentals of personal finance
- An understanding of and commitment to the Core Values of Nyack College
Send a cover letter, resume and completed Staff Application (available for download at http://www.nyack.edu/jobs) to:
Director of Student Financial Services
2 Washington St
New York, NY 10004
via e-mail to Isaac.Foster@nyack.edu. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.