Nyack College Counseling Center
At this time the College has moved all classes to remote learning for our students to help keep them safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. The Counseling Center has responded by offering to provide Telehealth Counseling. Students who are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set an appointment.
Telehealth Counseling will be extended till the end of June.
Webinar: Support for Students During Uncertain Times-April 13th @3pm
- Identifying Normal Reactions
- Learning to Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Dealing with Grief and Loss
- Social Distance vs. Isolation
- Tips on Academic Success
Support Workshops Series:
- Managing Stress and Distance Learning Success-April 24th @ 4pm – Event flier (PDF)
- Exploring Strategies for Stress Management During Finals
- Tips on Time Management and Organization
- Dealing with Procrastination and Motivation
- Cultivating Holistic Wellness-TBA
- Identifying Wellness through the Dimensions of Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial, and Social.
- How to Recover from Burnout and Empathy Fatigue
- Create Personal Self-Care Plan
The goal is to create a safe space once a week for an hour on Zoom to come together as a Nyack College community and share our experiences and support during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you are interested in joining one of these spaces please email: email@example.com to sign up.
- Support for Coping with Grief and Loss
- Support for Coping Stress and Anxiety
- Support for Culativing Social Connection
- Support for Student Athletes
- Support for International Students
- Support for Students with Families
- Support for Faculty and Staff
- Support for Graduates May/August 2020
(We can create additional Support Spaces upon Request)
- NYC WELL: 1-800-NYC-WELL
- NYS Hotline 1-844-863-9314
- SAMHSA: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)