COVID-19 Prevention, Symptoms & Testing
How can I protect myself and others?
First, you can protect yourself and others by following Nyack College guidance and not returning to campus. Returning home, or staying away from campus, is a responsible method for decreasing density, an important strategy for reducing the spread of COVID-19. In addition, please follow current recommendations: including
- Washing your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick; staying home when you are sick.
- Take steps to lower your risk at meetings, gatherings and events, including holding video or teleconference meetings, modifying in-person interactions, and maintaining a 6-foot distance.
What is “social distancing” and how do I do that?
Social distancing is a way to reduce exposure, slow the spread, and minimize transmission of contagious diseases. Try to maintain a distance of at least 6-feet between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. Avoid shaking hands and close physical contact with anyone displaying symptoms of illness.