Engaging The World In Every Course
Each semester, Global Community Development Students are enrolled in interactive courses with rich content and experiences. Every course has the added value of embedded fieldwork experiences, providing the students with a real world application of course content.
Selected GCD Courses
- Introduction to Global Engagement
- Foundations of Community Development
- Theology of Social Justice
- Diverse Teams and Community Building
- Foundations of Racial Reconciliation
- Funding Projects and Ministries
- Sustainable Development
- Cross-Cultural Conflict and Community Building
- International Public Health
- Introduction to Urban Ministry
- At-Risk Youth
- Community Development Capstone
Life Changing Internships
Global Community Development students have access to hundreds of local and international internship options through our established networks in community development, relief and disaster response, missions agencies, and social business.
Site Visits Each Semester
Students will participate in a site visit each semester. The semester site visit will vary by discipline and ministry focus. Upcoming site visits include an organization addressing the needs of refugees and asylees, a consulate, the office of a community organizer, a cross-cultural ministry, a social business, and two international aid agencies.
Global Community Development students have access to several annual international courses. Past courses for Global Community Development students include:
- Cambodia and Thailand: Sex Trafficking in Southeast Asia
- Costa Rica and Nicaragua: The Journey of the Bean. Coffee and Community Development
- Spain and Morocco: Migration and the Strait of Gibraltar
- Nepal: People and Cultures of the Himalayas
Follow us on Instagram @nyack_college_gcd.