Nyack College’s online degree completion program for a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Professional Studies in Organizational Management is designed to allow students to develop as leaders and change agents within their organizations. With a focus on organizational health and growth, students are equipped to analyze, diagnose, and lead change that will enable them to create healthy, vibrant organizations. With a strong focus on academic research, students in this program are fully prepared for graduate school.
Why Study Organizational Management at Nyack?
- Flexible schedule: Interactive, fully online classes are held once a week at a time that is compatible with students’ work schedules.
- Supportive environment: We provide a cohort-based learning environment that encourages growth and helps students develop their communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Practical application: Course content is geared toward practical application in the everyday lives and occupations of our students.
- Finish is just sixteen months: You can complete the requirements for an accredited bachelor’s degree in sixteen months (i.e., three twenty-four-week terms).
- Frequent launches: We launch new cohorts six times a year, so students can begin their program whenever it’s most convenient for them.
- Prior experience credit: You can transfer in 60–84 credits from your life/career experience or from prior coursework.
What Will I Study?
- Communication skills
- Group behavior
- Motivational methods
- Organizational structure and design
- Strategic planning
- Teamwork techniques
The BS/BPS degree equips students to lead organizations within a variety of industries. Some of the most common industries are:
- Human Resources
- Not-for-Profit/ Public Service
Graduates of Nyack’s Organizational Management program go on to a wide variety of careers and academic pursuits, including:
- Executive Leadership
- Military Officer
- Organizational Consultant
- Ph.D. Programs
The admission process is designed to identify applicants who have the ability, interest, and qualities necessary to complete the program.
- Completed and signed application with $30 application fee.
- Professional Recommendation. Obtain a recommendation from someone other than a family member who you have known for at least one year. The recommender should be able to verify your commitment and ability to complete your degree. Use the Professional Recommendation form provided or submit a letter.
- Work and Life Experience Summary. Submit the Work and Life Experience Summary form provided or a detailed resume.
- Writing Sample. Submit a typed statement using the following as a guide:
Describe your career goals and why you have selected the Organizational Management program at Nyack to assist you in accomplishing these goals (250 words).
- Immunization Records. Documentation of appropriate vaccination for measles, mumps, and rubella must be provided by the student in accordance with the New York State Health Regulations for colleges.
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalent (not required for students who have an associate’s degree).
- Official College Transcripts. Submit transcripts from all colleges you attended. Only coursework with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted as transfer credits, except when part of a completed Associate’s Degree. Request your official transcripts to be sent to: Nyack College Admissions, 1 S. Blvd., Nyack, NY 10960. International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
Management Proficiency [required for BS or BPS in Organizational Management]
The Organizational Management program is an upper level management program. Therefore, students must either transfer in an introductory course in management or demonstrate proficiency through experience (resume/Work and Life Experience Summary).
Students in the Organizational Management program will use an online environment for a portion of their learning. Technology skills are necessary for successful completion of the program. Applicants to the program should be able to send and receive email, open or send an email attachment, conduct research using the Internet, use Microsoft Word, and download files. Students are required to have access to a computer and the Internet.
Cost per credit: $675
Total Tuition Cost: $24,825
Federal Financial Aid
Federal Financial Aid is available in 2 different forms; grants and loans. Most aid is need-based, and you are required to file a FAFSA in order to be eligible for any Federal aid. Federal grant aid is only available for undergraduate students.
Entrance or Exit Loan Counseling:
Exit Counseling (required of all students entering repayment. i.e.-graduating seniors)
Having problems? If all of your loans have been secured through private lenders, and not the Dept. of Education please contact us using the form below.
Contact Student Financial Services
Our phone number is (646) 378-6191.
Tel (646) 378-6191
Student Financial Services
1 South Boulevard
Nyack, NY 10960