The English language is a powerful tool. Nyack’s bachelor’s degree in English will equip you to wield it with confidence and artistry. Through the program, you’ll learn to analyze and appreciate great works of literature while also honing your skills in communication, persuasion, and creative expression.
Why Study English at Nyack?
In addition to a strong curriculum, expert faculty members, and biblical integration, Nyack’s English program offers several key advantages:
- Small, seminar-style classes give you an opportunity to form deep relationships with your professors and fellow students.
- You have an opportunity to publish your work in The Fine Print, Nyack’s student-run creative writing journal, published each semester.
- Nyack’s location in Manhattan—one of the world’s largest and most diverse metropolitan areas– is ideal for internships and job opportunities.
“I love studying English at Nyack because of the encouragement that I receive from professors to study areas of literature that I’ve never touched before.”
Katie O’SullivanClass of 2016
A degree in English provides exceptional preparation for careers in communication fields such as journalism, education, media, and technology. As a well-equipped professional, you can expect to impact the world for Jesus Christ in rewarding professions such as:
- Director of public relations
- Curriculum developer
Many of Nyack’s English major graduates continue their education, while others move directly into careers. Professional highlights include:
- Entrepreneurial company manager
- Theatre consultant
- University professor
- Corporate consultant
- Magazine editor
- Doctoral candidate