You are not alone!
That is the message and the motivation behind the work of the Nyack College Office of Counseling Services established to support all Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary students, faculty and staff during this challenging season.
Here are three important ways support is being offered. To take advantage of any of the following, please email Director of Counseling Services Maggie Labocki at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Friday, April 24 at 4:00 PM on Zoom, a workshop, “Managing Stress and Distance Learning During Finals” will be offered to all Nyack College and ATS students.
- Telehealth counseling—one-on-one sessions—are available through the end of June.
- Support Space is a new one-hour, weekly gathering to create a safe virtual space for the community to come together and share experiences and support during the COVID-19 pandemic. After receiving the email indicating interest, the Office of Counseling Services will notify participants of the date and time of the virtual meetings. Topics to be discussed include:
- Coping With Grief and Loss
- Coping With Stress and Anxiety
- Cultivating Social Connection
- Support for Student Athletes
- Support for International Students
- Support for Students with Families
- Support for Faculty and Staff
- Support for 2020 Graduates
Remember to email email@example.com to indicate your interest in any of these services.
Together we are stronger!