Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) invites pastors and leaders to its New York City campus at 2 Washington Street on Saturday, December 1 to gather around the topic of “God’s presence.” The event will be held in the lower level assembly room beginning at 9:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast. Morning and afternoon sessions will be followed by a panel discussion starting at 2:00 p.m.
Questions that will be engaged include
• What is “faithful presence?”
• How can churches be faithfully present in what God is doing in our neighborhoods?
• How do we open space for God to become visibly present, by His Spirit, bringing disruption and healing, prophetic word and forgiveness to the places of brokenness and injustice in the places where we live.
• How do we lead a church to engage the cultures/issues and concerns surrounding it for the gospel?
• How does this happen in big churches? How does this happen in small churches?
Featured speakers are David Fitch, Lindner Chair of Evangelical Theology at Northern Seminary and an ordained Christian and Missionary Alliance pastor in Chicago and Richard Villodas (Nyack College and ATS alumnus), lead pastor at New Life Fellowship Church in Queens, NY. The panel discussion will be moderated by Charles Galbreath, (Nyack College and ATS alumnus) lead pastor of Clarendon Road Church in Brooklyn, NY. (Pictured l-r: Fitch, Villodas, Galbreath)
Admission is $25; a special rate is available for Nyack and ATS Students. Register online today.