The Nyack College School of Social Work will host a webinar, “Essential Clinical Skills for Telemental Health” with Assistant Professor of Social Work, Dr. Anderson Yoon on Wednesday, April 15 from 10:00 AM until noon via Zoom meeting.
Nyack social work students, alumni, faculty, social workers and other mental health professionals are welcome to participate. The registration form should be completed to receive access information. Because of the great response to this event, registration will close on Monday, April 13 at 5:00 PM.
Two (2) CEU hours are available for social workers, mental health counselors, creative art therapists, psychologists, marriage and family counselors, and psychoanalysts in New York State.
Learn how to effectively use phone and video conferencing tools and essential clinical skills to conduct telemental health to clients in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
By the end of this training, participants will have improved their understanding of:
• Different ways of conducting telemental health using Zoom, Doxy.me, Microsoft Teams or Phone
• The essential clinical skills to conduct telemental health
• Using online therapy forms, whiteboard tools, and Adobe Acrobat Reader for telemental health sessions
• 10:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Overview of technical considerations
• 10:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.: Essential clinical skills, using video, phone, whiteboard, YouTube, Adobe Acrobat Reader online sources
• 11:15 a.m.-11:45 a.m.: Introduction of resources for telemental health
• 11:45 a.m.-noon: Q&A
About the Webinar Presenter: Dr. Anderson Yoon has 20 years of experience in clinical social work and psychotherapy. He is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-R), Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), Certified Cognitive Behavior Therapist and Diplomate (Academy of Cognitive Therapy), and Registered Play Therapist –Supervisor (RPT-S). He earned his doctorate in clinical social work from the University of Pennsylvania and his Master of Social Work from the Silberman School of Social Work. He also completed the one-year global clinical scholars’ research training program at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Yoon is the vice president of Integrated and Value-Based Care of The Child Center of NY. In addition, he is an adjunct assistant professor at Hunter College and instructor in the Fordham Online MSW program.
Take advantage of this opportunity to be equipped for such a time as this in our world.