Apply to the MSOL Program
The admission process is designed to identify applicants who have the ability, interest, and qualities necessary to complete the program, and the potential to contribute to the fields of business, management and leadership. Students with a GPA lower than a 3.0 will be considered on case-by-case basis. To be eligible for admission, applicants must provide the following:
- Application and $50 application fee: Apply Online Now
- Official undergraduate transcript: An applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students with a GPA lower than a 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Request an official college transcript from the college or university that awarded the degree. International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
- Writing Proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate college-level writing proficiency in order to assure ability to successfully complete the master’s program.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation:
- Professional recommendation from a current or former employer who can accurately assess the applicant’s level of competency and potential to successfully complete a graduate-level program.
- Academic recommendation from a professor who can accurately assess the applicant’s ability to successfully complete a graduate-level program. If an applicant has been out of school five (5) years or more and is unable to obtain an academic reference, an additional reference letter from an individual in a leadership role, who can assess the applicant’s capabilities and potential to successfully complete a graduate-level program is required.
- Resume detailing academic and professional achievements.
- Immunizations: Documentation of adequate vaccinations for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella must be provided by the student in accordance with the New York State health regulations for colleges. In addition, a meningitis vaccination response form must be submitted.
- Interview with the Director: Prior to entering the program, applicants must be interviewed by the Director of the MSOL program.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid): Prior to registration, students are required to submit a current FAFSA (pertains to students who intend to receive financial aid of any kind).
- International Applicants:
- International applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent with a minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an appropriately accredited college or university.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must take a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 (paper), 213 (computer version), 80 (Internet version). An official score report no more than five (5) years old must be submitted.
- All foreign language documents must be accompanied by an official translation into English.
- More information for international students.
Watch this screencast for instructions on filling out your FAFSA application.