TAP TO EXPAND +
Please specify in the comments section which GS-L course the payment should be directed to. (Example: “GS-L Cambodia”)
Juniors and seniors applying to courses during the January break (Winterim), who have spent five consecutive semesters at Nyack are eligible to apply for the $500 Winterim travel stipend. Stipends are limited to juniors and seniors with at least a 2.75 GPA. This stipend is not valid for spring break or summer courses. Stipend is a one time student benefit and cannot be used on multiple trips.
Global Service-Learning Payment Refund Policy
Please review the following points from the GS-L Contract in reference to Payments and Refunds. The full contract can be found at www.nyack.edu/gslforms
1. I agree to pay all tuition, fees, transportation charges, room and board, and all other expenses in connection with my participation in the program on or before the times listed on the fee payment schedule. I agree to the cancellation policy as stated on the fee payment schedule. I understand and agree that withdrawal after application, but before departure, will result in the loss of my application fee and any non-recoverable costs, which Nyack College, Seminary and Graduate Schools may have paid on my behalf. Withdrawal after departure for any reason will result in the loss of the full program fee. Withdrawal must be done in WRITING (via the GS-L Withdrawal form available ONLINE) to the office of the registrar. I understand and agree that the program fee is never pro-rated.
2. I understand that the travel costs are different from and in addition to the course fee.
3. I understand that Winterim Courses are a part of the Spring Semester Course load. In accordance with Nyack College, Seminary and Graduate Schools policy, any credits above 18 for the spring semester will require the student to pay for the additional credits.
4. I understand that the program cost may vary slightly depending upon international exchange rates, unforeseeable events and other unexpected occurrences. I agree to pay for increases upon request from the Global Service-Learning Office.
5. A deposit of $300 of the course fee is due with the application form. Deadlines in payment plan must be met to remain on the class roster. Funds become non-refundable after October 15.
6. I understand that Nyack College, Seminary and Graduate Schools, its faculty, students and staff, have made the commitments to this program in consideration of, among other things, my enrollment therein. I agree that the College’s acceptance of this application is made in consideration of and with the understanding that I am committed for the entire period of the program. I understand that in the event I withdraw or am terminated for good reason from the program any time after its commencement, the university may retain tuition, fees, and other program costs.