Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
TAP TO EXPAND +
Welcome from Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda
Director, Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
A Christ-centered community fostering scholarly inquiry and global awareness
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) exists to promote and sustain a culture of scholarly inquiry and global awareness at Nyack College, at Alliance Theological Seminary, and in the communities that surround our campuses.
CSGE furthers our institution’s mission by creating programs and events designed to encourage meaningful dialog on different relevant local, national, and global issues. Through CSGE’s initiatives—which include film forums, discussion panels, colloquium series, book presentations, student poster conferences, and art exhibitions, as well as our annual Nyack Scholars Symposium—faculty, students, and guests are able to engage in informed discussion from different academic and cultural perspectives to gain knowledge and enrich their own critical reflection and points of view.
To meet its strategic plan, CSGE strives to realize the following goals for our faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, and our surrounding communities:
1. Promote research-based scholarship
2. Expand awareness and informed discussion about relevant local, national, and global issues
3. Cultivate a community that fosters critical reflection, constructive dialog, and intentional collaboration
Each semester our Center offers a Colloquium Series focused on a particular set of relevant issues. This spring semester 2015, our “Critical Reads on Environmental Sustainability” Series consists of four monthly lectures on select readings presented by professors and practitioners in the field of global sustainability.
For more information, please contact the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at email@example.com, like us on Facebook (Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at Nyack College), or follow us on LinkedIn.
- Join Us on April 14th for Our Global Engagement Colloquium
- Online Student Research Conference Booklet
- Fourth Annual Research Conference
- Israel and State Colloquium Event at ATS
- Critical Reads Colloquium with Kelly Moltzen
- The Fourth Annual Research Conference
- Critical Reads Colloquium Session on Global Sustainability with Dr. Kale Yu
- The Fourth Student Research Conference
- Manhattan Event: African American History Month Colloquium Session with Denise Patrick
- Manhattan Event: African American History Colloquium Session with Denise Patrick