Alliance Theological Seminary
Alliance Theological Seminary is the national seminary of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, centered in metropolitan New York with extensions in other parts of the United States and abroad. As a multicultural, evangelical seminary, ATS is committed to developing in men and women a personal knowledge of God and his work in the world in order to equip them for the ministry of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the expansion of his church.
The Alliance Theological Seminary offers the following degrees:
- MA Biblical Studies is offered onsite and as a fully online 36-credit program designed to provide students with an enhanced understanding of biblical and theological studies for personal development or pedagogical enrichment. The program integrates biblical exposition with theology to equip the student for transformative ministry.
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) is a 93-credit curriculum offered onsite and online* that blends biblical studies, social science theory, spiritual formation and practical training with an emphasis upon critical and reflective thinking. Tracks are available in Bible & Theology, Church Development, Missions and Urban Ministries.
*Not all concentrations are available online.
- Master of Professional Studies (MPS) is a 48-credit program that focuses on training for persons in ministry. The program offers several professional development tracks: Chinese Ministries, Church Development, Counseling, and Korean Ministries.
- MA Biblical Literature is a 54-credit program offered onsite and fully online that is designed to build a strong foundation in Biblical Studies. Students are taught to build a historical and cultural framework for interpreting biblical text. Emphasis available in Old Testament or New Testament.
- MA Intercultural Studies is a 54-credit program designed for people engaged in cross-cultural Christian service and ministry. Through experience and practice in cross-cultural communication, students will gain an appreciation for the unique way God incarnates His message among diverse people groups.
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin) is a 36-credit program integrating a disciplined reflective practice of ministry with a theological and biblical base. Offering a multi-denominational and multi-cultural learning experience that is transferable to a global context, this in-service program allows students to complete the degree while remaining in ministry.