Doctor of Ministry Program at ATS
TAP TO EXPAND +
Faculty for the spring semester of the Alliance Theological Seminary D.Min. program. From left: Dr. Rob Reimer, Dr. Frank Chan, Dr. Ron Walborn, Dr. Martin Sanders, Drs. Judith and Sherwood Lingenfelter, Dr. Stanley John, and Dr. Andrew Mercurio.
The D.Min at ATS Delivers:
- Reflective integration of Scripture, ministry, and a practical theological approach.
- Effective transcultural models of leadership development with a focus on what God is doing around the world.
- Partnerships with qualified faculty and experienced colleagues in order to develop leadership and ministry within your unique context.
Students who earn the D.Min degree will:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of their leadership strength and potential.
- Demonstrate enhanced competencies in social/cultural analysis.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of Scripture and the Christian tradition in relation to spirituality and leadership.
- Demonstrate a deeper passion for God and ministry in His kingdom.
• Degree: D. Min. in Christian Leadership in the Global Context
• Length of Program: 3 years
• Total Credits: 36
6 Courses (4 credits each):
Four core courses:
- Spiritual Formation For Leadership
- Leadership Skills For Ministry
- Selecting and Developing New Leaders
- Effective Ministry in Today’s Globalized Urban Environment
Two elective tracks from the following:
- Following in the Steps of Spiritual Mentors
- Guiding Others in Their Spiritual Journey
- Contemporary Models of Evangelism
- Christian Communication For A New Generation
- Modular, cohort-based program. A cohort mentor encourages a caring learning community and provides support and accountability.
- Courses are offered on campus as ten day intensives, two times a year in January and July.
- Students may study apart from their cohort group during the third stage of coursework.
- The D. Min. program takes a minimum of three years to complete. Each of the three stages takes one year.
- Students may take an additional year to work on their doctoral project.
|No events as of this time. Please check back soon!|
Ron"Since beginning the D.Min. program I have learned methods and practices that will facilitate the Lord doing a deeper work in my own spiritual transformation as I seek to learn better methods of leading others in a constant pursuit of God’s heart."
Admission to the Program
Upcoming D.Min. Modules:
- January 5-13, 2016
- July 26-August 3, 2016