Bonhoeffer Day during Social Justice Week!
Tuesday, March 14th Nyack College NYC along with The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and the Nyack College Community Relations Office presented Bonhoeffer Day for Nyack College NYC’s Social Justice Week.
The event began with “The Hiding Audio Experience” brought by The Holocaust Museum and Study Center in Rockland New York. Students were given the opportunity to listen to a audio recording re-creation of polish families hiding from the Nazi’s in Germany in the late thirties and early forties.
The day followed with Mr. Alan Moskin, a eighty-seven year old World War II Vet, who spoke to students about his experiences in World War II fighting the Nazi’s, rescuing prisoners from concentration camps and his life long fight against hatred and biogtry.
The students thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Moskin’s testimony and spent quite a bit of time after his speech spending more time gleaning his wisdom.
That day culminated with the showing of the film “Bonhoeffer”. This film chronicles the life of the young German pacifist and theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer who resisted the Nazi regime and was hung two weeks before World War II was over.
Bonhoeffer Day was a part of Nyack College’s NYC’s Social Justice week which also included a social justice prayer day and a chapel dedicated to raising awareness of Anti Human Trafficking efforts around the world.
- Acts Prayer Ministry
- Students Against Hunger on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- The Original Aussies
- Veterans Club Presidential Lunch
- Nyack College NYC and NY CityServe
- A.B. Simpson Tribute
- Career Services Fair 2015
- Multicultural Day 2015
- CityServe: For this City Youth Event
- Ministry Outreach - Students Against Hunger
- 2015 Black History Month Celebration
- The Veterans Club - Meet & Greet
- Special Palau Chapel - Trip to Rockland!
- Spring 2015 - Opening Chapel
- New Student Orientation - Spring 2015!
- Skating in the City
- SGA Christmas Party 2014!
- Nyack's Got Talent! Fall 2014
- Veterans Day @ Nyack NYC
- Spirit Week!
- Nyack NYC Fall Poetry Slam!
- Students Against Hunger
- WRK IT: Flowcycle Class
- Homecoming @ Nyack!
- The Lost and Found Art Awareness Exhibit
- Browse Blog Archive>>