Student Life in NYC
A Night of Poetry and Soul Food in honor of Black History Month
Thursday, February 21st Got Poetry? Slam Club presented “A Night of Poetry and Soul Food” in honor of Black History Month. The Nyack College NYC students prepared spoken word pieces regarding Black History. The students who presented included Emicia Yvette, Manuel Vasquez, Jassie Harris, Sacha Tapia, and The president of Got Poetry? Slam Club, Daisy Copelin. Gessie Nash closed the evening with prayer.
The evening was catered by the Amy Ruth’s restaurant located in Harlem, which specializes in Soul Food. The students enjoyed chicken wings, collard greens, mac and cheese, yams and corn bread. Between performances the students were quizzed with black history trivia. Those who answered correctly received a prize. The evening was a fun and informative celebration in honor of Black History Month.
- Acts Prayer Ministry
- Students Against Hunger on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- The Original Aussies
- Veterans Club Presidential Lunch
- Nyack College NYC and NY CityServe
- A.B. Simpson Tribute
- Career Services Fair 2015
- Multicultural Day 2015
- CityServe: For this City Youth Event
- Ministry Outreach - Students Against Hunger
- 2015 Black History Month Celebration
- The Veterans Club - Meet & Greet
- Special Palau Chapel - Trip to Rockland!
- Spring 2015 - Opening Chapel
- New Student Orientation - Spring 2015!
- Browse Blog Archive>>