Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test Today
Nyack College Director of Auxiliary Services, Michele Blanck, shares the following announcement.
“Today, Wednesday, November 9, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first national test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) test and run concurrently across all time zones.
"This system test is the first of its kind designed to broadcast a nationwide message to the American public. In the history of the country, nothing like it has been conducted on such a level. As you may be aware, there have been tests in the past, but not of this magnitude encompassing all regions of the Nation simultaneously. The test will run for approximately 30 seconds.
"This alert is intended to ensure that no one misinterprets this test as a live occurrence. FEMA's website click here provides more information regarding the test."
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>