Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test Today
Nyack College Director of Auxiliary Services, Michele Blanck, shares the following announcement.
“Today, Wednesday, November 9, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first national test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) test and run concurrently across all time zones.
"This system test is the first of its kind designed to broadcast a nationwide message to the American public. In the history of the country, nothing like it has been conducted on such a level. As you may be aware, there have been tests in the past, but not of this magnitude encompassing all regions of the Nation simultaneously. The test will run for approximately 30 seconds.
"This alert is intended to ensure that no one misinterprets this test as a live occurrence. FEMA's website click here provides more information regarding the test."
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>