Nyack's Men's Soccer Team: They Are The Champions!
Nyack’s Men’s soccer team did it again! Their 1-0 victory in overtime against Post University makes them the 2011 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference champions for the second time in the past three years they have competed in the conference championship.
"I am absolutely thrilled to win this game and the CACC title. We faced an outstanding Post University team that definitely did not deserve to lose," says Head Coach Keith Davie after the overtime win, "It's extremely great to win this because so many people did not give us much of a shot."
With a season record of 13-5-2, the Warriors are positioned for possible selection for their first national tournament appearance since Nyack became NCAA Division II member in 2004. Tune in at 7:00 p.m to follow the live show airing selections. Goalkeeper Adrian Ibanez, who hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated his 21st shutout victory as a Nyack Warrior, which ranks him first all-time in CACC history.
Sophomore Felix Horn was named CACC Tournament MVP, after his post season tally of two goals and two assists. The first team all-conference selection, he led the Warriors with 11 goals in 2011. All-Tournament honors went to Marco Likos, Gavin Penny, Mikey Robinson, and Adrian Ibanez.
The campus community salutes Coach Keith Davie, his staff, and their outstanding roster of players!
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>