MISFIT Tour 2011 at Nyack TONIGHT!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 27, 2011
The Office of Student Activities at Nyack College will host “The Misfit” Tour on Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland County campus, 1 South Blvd., Nyack, NY. The college is partnering with Chris Durso, youth pastor at Christ Tabernacle in Glendale, NY and author of the Zondervan bestseller, MISFIT: Dealing With Our God-given Discomfort; Xist Music; and The UpLift! Group.
The nationwide tour is a gathering of seven of today’s leading voices in Christian music and spoken word. The roster includes three-time Stellar winner, Da’ T.R.UT.H.; Christian hip hop pioneer and Grammy Award nominee, The Ambassador; R&B/Soul phenomenon, Mali Music; R&B/Hip Hop artists, Sean Simmonds and Rhema Soul; powerful spoken-word artist Oraia, and the visionary behind MISFIT Tour 2011, Pastor Chris Durso.
In each city where Tour members perform, they have committed to joining with members of the community to participate in volunteer activities and service to demonstrate their advocacy of unity and the positive attributes of being a “MISFIT.” MISFIT is a movement that Pastor Durso conceived to revolutionize America’s communities of any culture, ethnicity, socio-economic, and academic status. Youth and young adults are challenged and equipped to courageously pursue godliness in the face of all that seems and often is uncomfortable, unfamiliar, unattractive or unpopular.
To purchase tickets ($15 per person) visit the MISFIT website at www.misfittour.net/nyackcollege. Group rates are available. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>