Remembering the Life of Don Bubna
The Nyack College community has been informed that our dear friend and Alliance Theological Seminary colleague, Rev. Donald L. Bubna passed away on Saturday evening, September 24, 2011 at his home in Salem, OR. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 2 at 4:00 p.m. at Salem Alliance Church, 555 Gaines Street NE.
At Alliance Theological Seminary, he was a part of the pioneering faculty who worked with Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd. He was also the director of internship and an adjunct professor at ATS. A graduate of John Brown University, Dr. Bubna was awarded two honorary doctorates.
For more than five decades, he and his wife Dee served in pastoral ministry and leadership in the Alliance family, most recently with Salem Alliance Church, where he was senior pastor for more than two decades. He was also a pastor-at-large for The Christian and Missionary Alliance and on the Board of Directors of Peacemaker Ministries of Billings, Montana.
Mrs. Bubna has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to two scholarship funds. A scholarship fund is being established at Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY for children of Alliance pastors and missionaries who are preparing for vocational ministry. For more information on the scholarship support, please contact the Office of Advancement at 1.866.721.7946.
Please pray for the Bubna family: Dee, daughters Lisa and Cindy, son Jeff and their families.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>