September 28: Faculty and Student Research at Nyack Scholars Symposium
Nyack College Rockland’s Center for Christian Scholarship will host the fall 2011 Scholars Symposium on Wednesday, September 28, beginning at 9:00 a.m. in Bowman Gymnasium with a plenary session featuring Yale research professor, Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch.
Moderator of the plenary is Emmy-award winning news anchor, Mr. Julian Phillips. Plenary responders are Mr. Brian Jacks, president of DX Holdings, LLC and an associate pastor at Christ Church of Montclair and Rockaway, NJ; Mr. Chuck Stetson, co-founder and managing director of PEI; and Nyack’s own Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of the School of Business and Leadership.
Following the plenary, some two dozen Nyack faculty will address the mostly student audiences at venues across campus with papers that are the result of research grants provided by the college. These papers have been either been presented at professional conferences or published in journals. Six extraordinary student presenters—Robert Lee Callamari, Chelsea Geyer, Christopher Harding, Desirae May Friesen, Aimee Robles, and Benjamin Wallin—were sponsored by faculty mentors who recognized their exceptional scholarship.
For more on the Nyack Scholars Symposium click here.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>