Nyack Launches New Center for Christian Scholarship
President Michael G. Scales and his executive team recently announced the fall 2011 unveiling of the new Nyack College Center for Christian Scholarship based on the Rockland County campus in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (pictured above), an associate professor of political science at Nyack College has been appointed the director of the Center. At the University of Notre Dame, Dr. Balmaceda earned her Ph.D. in political science, as well as an MA in government and international studies and an MA in International peace studies. She received a Licentiate in Law (equivalent of the J.D.) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
“It is truly a privilege to work with such distinguished men and women at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, who are published authors, international lecturers, community developers, business professionals, and above all, servant leaders—the perfect standard to be modeled for our students,” says Dr. Balmaceda.
The Center for Christian Scholarship will host the annual Nyack College Scholars Symposium on both the Nyack and Manhattan campuses. The next Symposium will be held at the Rockland campus on September 28, featuring plenary speaker, Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch. (Click here for details).
Other plans include sponsoring conferences, promoting research efforts, inviting scholars from around the world to spend sabbaticals at Nyack and advocating for special initiatives to facilitate relevant idea exchange.
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>