Third Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker is Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch
Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch will be the featured plenary speaker for the third annual Nyack Scholars Symposium on Wednesday, September 28 on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. The plenary speech by Dr. Malloch, at 9:00 a.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, will be based on his book and the documentary, Doing Virtuous Business, which examines the secret behind the success of major companies influencing the global economy today. Click here to see a recent interview of Dr. Malloch by Good Business International, Inc. CEO Monika Mitchell.
A recipient of an Alliance Theological Seminary honorary doctor of divinity, Dr. Malloch is an internationally recognized economist, who is also a research professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University's Center for Faith and Culture. Plenary responders will be Mr. Brian Jacks, president of DX Holdings, LLC; Dr. Chuck Stetson, CEO of Essentials in Education; and Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack's School of Business and Leadership. Emmy-award winning news anchor and motivational speaker, Mr. Julian Phillips will be the plenary moderator.
In two sessions, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and 1:30 pm. to 2:45 p.m., Nyack College faculty and several Nyack students will present papers on a wide range of topics at several campus venues. Faculty papers are the result of research grants and include presentations that have been either published or delivered at conferences across the nation and around the world.
The Scholars Symposium is hosted by the Center for Christian Scholarship at Nyack College, which is directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda. The Center is a new vehicle for showcasing accomplished and emerging scholars; sponsoring conferences; offering a base for scholars on sabbatical; and facilitating relevant scholarly dialogues.
- Nyack's School of Education: National Recognition...Times 9
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Browse Blog Archive>>