Two New Degree Programs Coming to Nyack
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College provost and vice president for academic affairs, (pictured above) announced that two new degree programs have been approved by the New York State Education Department.
The Bachelor of Science in Music and Worship is a four-year program designed to train musicians for leadership positions in the church and community as music worship leaders, keyboardists and instrumentalists, choir directors, sound and recording engineers, and songwriters. The course of study includes specialized training in contemporary worship music, studio recording, composition, and arranging, as well as biblical studies which help support and develop the character and spirituality of an effective worship leader. An audition is required. Prospective students must prepare two pieces of their choice demonstrating readiness to enter a college music degree program. For more information Nyack’s new music degree program, contact Dinesh Mahtani, director of admissions at Nyack Rockland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Business and Leadership will offer an MBA degree program fully online. The Master of Business Administration will ensure that the distance learning offering will meet the same academic standards and requirements as the on-campus program by using the same student learning goals, textbooks, as well as the same course requirements offered in the traditional program. For more information, contact Dr. Jerry Becker, MBA program director at email@example.com.
The music degree will be offered at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City beginning fall 2011. The online MBA degree will launch in January 2012.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>