What Are They Taking Away From Nyack College?
Where was U.S. News & World Report? Kaplan's College Guide? Peterson's College Search? The Times Higher Education World University Rankings?
All of the evaluators of our nation's "best" colleges should have been in the Hudson Room of Boon Campus Center at Nyack's Seniors Brunch for residential students. They would have had their stomachs filled with a tasty buffet meal--but more importantly, their ears would have heard the sweet sound of satisfaction.
Christopher Smith, Rockland Campus Coordinator for Students Activities, selected graduates as they entered the room to share about their Nyack experience. So their comments were completely unrehearsed.
Hailing from towns and countries around the globe--these young men and women--some through tears--revealed the bonus they gained with their Nyack degree. What would they take away?
Here's a random sampling...
Sometimes I received answers to prayer or confirmation when Pastor Kelvin or Wanda (Spiritual Formation Director) prayed with me.
I learned so much spiritually--especially from PSF (Personal Spiritual Formation).
Words of truth and affirmation.
A sense of identity and growth.
I'm from New Orleans and my senior year Katrina hit. Being at Nyack helped me so much.
Spiritual freedom and the ability to express myself in ways that I couldn't before.
A deeper understanding of who I am.
To no longer live in fear.
The ability to open up and to accept love.
I'm taking myself. The way the faculty and staff invested in me...it's stuff that I can share with others.
President Michael Scales often makes the comment that Nyack is not focused on the test scores that students enter school with--but rather who the students are when they leave.
No PR wordsmithing could top what Nyack seniors spoken from the heart!
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>