ATS D.Min. July 2011 Cohort Application Deadline: April 15
The new Doctor of Ministry program at Nyack College's Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) in Nyack, NY, which launched in January of this year, will welcome its second cohort of students in July 2011. The application deadline is April 15, 2011. This 36-credit degree program was approved by the New York State Board of Regents last year and is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. It is the first of three doctoral programs that the New York State Department of Education requires institutions of higher education to offer in order to obtain university status—a goal of the current administration, headed by President Michael G. Scales.
This modular, cohort-based program offers on-campus studies as intensive eight to ten day courses, which begin in January and July. There are also one-day seminars throughout the program. The degree takes a minimum of three years to complete. Students may take an additional year to work on their doctoral project.
Dr. Martin P. Sanders (pictured above center with students) is program director and a former ATS professor of pastoral theology for nearly 20 years. Sanders is also founder and president of a leadership training ministry which has taken him around the globe to speak to pastors, missionaries, and other church workers, which uniquely equips him to empower leaders. Dr. Sanders earned a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary and both a Master of Divinity and a Master of Theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Martin Sanders is a published author of several books, including How to Get the Family You Always Wanted, The Power of Mentoring: Shaping People Who Will Shape the World, (available in French and Russian), and a series of CDs, booklets, and articles entitled “Global Perspectives.”
Visit http://nyack.edu/ats2010/programs/DMinProgram, for more information about the ATS D.Min program or phone 1.800.541.6891.
- Alliance World Fellowship President ATS/Nyack College Chapel Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- School of Music Reunion with Dr. John McArthur
- OCT 17: Fall Fishing
- OCT 17: Homecoming Block Party!
- Woman: A Rite of Passage Initiation Ceremony Held
- Dr. Mark Nanos Welcomed to Nyack NYC for AJCO Colloquia Series
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker Coming October 13
- A HOMECOMING HIT! The Running Warrior 3K Walk & 5K Road Race
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- NYC Campus Library Gets a New Name
- The Names by Billy Collins
- ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios, a Fox & Friends Guest
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conducts Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- Browse Blog Archive>>