Women's History Month Spotlight: Nyack's Dr. Jackie Washington
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, chair of Nyack's Department of Biology and Chemistry, co-edited the newly released 9th edition of The Student Interactive Workbook for Cecie Starr and Beverly McMillan's Human Biology published by Cengage Learning (March 2011).
In addition to being elected to the editorial board as a reviewer of the Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), Dr. Washington (pictured above in lab coat with her biology class) has also been selected to participate in the 2011-2012 Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency at the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) headquarters in Washington, DC. This segment of the program targets biologists who are transitioning from science education research to science education publishing. The program emphasizes organizing and presenting findings for publication.
The goal of the ASM Biology Scholars Program is for biologists "to employ rigorous evaluations of their own teaching with the goal of publishing results demonstrating improved student learning in the laboratory or classroom and leading colleagues in national efforts to sustain undergraduate biology education reform."
The campus community congratulates Dr. Washington!
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>