Official Statement on October 4, 2005 Campus Incident
October 5, 2005
Contact: Deborah Walker,
Director of Publications & Media Relations
(845)358-1710, ext. 143
NYACK, NY--The entire college community is very concerned about an incident that occurred involving one of our students at our Nyack, NY residential campus yesterday. The media has already released statements that a Nyack College student was attacked and assaulted on campus.
At this time Nyack College does not have specific facts from the individual involved in the incident, the police who are investigating the event, or the medical personnel who treated the individual to communicate facts about what occurred.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual involved in the incident. College personnel, the Director of Health Services, the campus chaplain, and Residence Life staff, were with the individual immediately following the incident. It is a priority for us to allow the individual privacy at this time.
As the College receives facts from those investigating the incident we will be posting official updates on our college website www.nyack.edu so that family and friends of our students, as well as our local community, can monitor the facts as they are made available to us.* Every effort is being made to continue to provide the safe environment that Nyack College has historically maintained for its campus community.
* As of 5:30 p.m. 10/5/05, the investigation continues and the preceding statement made earlier today remains the most current information available according to police sources.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>