Official Statement on October 4, 2005 Campus Incident
October 5, 2005
Contact: Deborah Walker,
Director of Publications & Media Relations
(845)358-1710, ext. 143
NYACK, NY--The entire college community is very concerned about an incident that occurred involving one of our students at our Nyack, NY residential campus yesterday. The media has already released statements that a Nyack College student was attacked and assaulted on campus.
At this time Nyack College does not have specific facts from the individual involved in the incident, the police who are investigating the event, or the medical personnel who treated the individual to communicate facts about what occurred.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual involved in the incident. College personnel, the Director of Health Services, the campus chaplain, and Residence Life staff, were with the individual immediately following the incident. It is a priority for us to allow the individual privacy at this time.
As the College receives facts from those investigating the incident we will be posting official updates on our college website www.nyack.edu so that family and friends of our students, as well as our local community, can monitor the facts as they are made available to us.* Every effort is being made to continue to provide the safe environment that Nyack College has historically maintained for its campus community.
* As of 5:30 p.m. 10/5/05, the investigation continues and the preceding statement made earlier today remains the most current information available according to police sources.
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>