Nyack President Joins International Teams
The Nyack community learned from a letter written on August 2 of Dr. David Schroeder’s plan to leave his post as president of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, effective August 31. Chief administrator of Nyack College since 1993, and of ATS since 2000, he announced the decision to accept a position with International Teams, an Elgin, Illinois based-organization. International Teams is a nondenominational, evangelical Christian ministry that builds and sends missionary teams on summer, two-year, and career commitments to some 50 countries around the globe.
A 1968 graduate of Nyack college, Dr Schroeder spoke for himself and his wife in his letter to the community with these words: “Our years at Nyack have been incredibly formative for us. Our understanding and appreciation of worship, diversity, and global mission have grown so much, and our love for so many hundreds of students, faculty and staff members has been so enriching. We will leave Nyack as very satisfied, happy, grateful people.”
Board of Trustees Chairman for the Nyack College Corporation, Ronald Eastman, expressed his expectations for a smooth transition. Mr. Eastman shared with the Nyack College and ATS community, “We, the Board of Trustees, gratefully acknowledge the work of David and Betzi in leading Nyack College over the last 12 years and ATS for the past five years. The presidency of Dr. Schroeder will be recalled by historians as one of the strongest in the history of the institution. His sense of vision for the institution and courage in moving forward with that vision truly places him among the top leaders in the almost 125-year history of the school.”
BOT Chairman Eastman will soon announce members of the Search Committee to be charged with finding a new president. During the search, Executive Vice President/Treasurer David Jennings will assume presidential responsibilities, working closely with Nyack’s Provost, Dr. David Turk.
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Browse Blog Archive>>