Remembering Dr. Paul Siu: Celebration Updates
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants." (Psalm 116:15)
The Alliance Theological Seminary campus is saddened by the sudden passing of an extraordinary leader and scholar, Dr. Paul Siu, ATS professor of theology.
Responding to the unexpected death, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President, Dr. Michael G. Scales made the following statement:
"This is a devastating loss to the institution and to me personally. I will miss Paul terribly. His academic scholarship was only eclipsed by his passion for God and his family. Countless numbers of people in whom he invested will also celebrate Paul's life.
"He loved God and he loved people! Anyone in Paul's presence knew they were in the presence of a true follower of Jesus. His students were challenged academically and spiritually. He was a friend and a brother to all who knew him. I'm absolutely sure he was greeted in heaven with the words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
On Wednesday, November 10, a memorial service will be held during chapel at the ATS Rockland campus, 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack from 2:30 until 3:30 p.m.
Please be in prayer for his dear wife, Flora and his daughters, Priscilla and Joanna, as well as other family members and friends. Cards can be mailed to The Siu Family, c/o Alliance Theological Seminary, ATTN: Katie George, 350 North Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960.
The Siu family has announced the following arrangments:
Wednesday November 10, 2010
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Wanamaker and Carlough Funeral Home
177 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
Click here for directions.
Thursday November 11, 2010
Living Christ Church
151 South Broadway (corner of Voorhis Ave.)
Nyack, NY 10960
Click here for directions.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>