Nyack DC Campus Co-sponsors Panels on Immigration
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at the Nyack College DC campus is one of five Christian non-profits co-sponsoring free panel discussions on immigration this fall. The panelists are discussing the relationship between immigration and social integration, the workforce, and security.
Two panels held in September and October took place in the Hart Senate Office Building, where a reception preceded the 7:00 p.m. discussion and Q & A session on the theme, "Immigration Reform: Advancing Human Dignity & Responsibility."
A third panel discussion, also to be held in the Hart Senate Office Building, will take place on Wednesday, November 3 at 7 p.m. Galen Carey of the National Association of Evangelicals will moderate. Panelists will be Jen Smyers, associate at Church World Service; Kyle Longely, professor at Arizona State University; Mark Tooley, president of the Institute for Religion and Democracy; and Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University's School of Law.
The presentations were recently applauded in a blog post entitled, "A Rare Occurrence: A Balanced Immigration Panel," by James R. Edwards, Jr. Click here to read the post in its entirety.
The other sponsors for immigration panel discussions are the Center for Public Justice, the Institute for Global Engagement, the National Association of Evangelicals and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
For more information this and other events sponsored by Nyack's DC campus, visit www.nyack.edu/DCPress.
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>