Photo Gallery of Nursing School Dedication Day
On Friday, October 8, 2010, a ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the dedication of the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. College administrators, trustees, and faculty joined local government officials and community leaders, including Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef and president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU), Ms. Laura Anglin, to celebrate this institutional milestone.
Named after a 1980 alumna, the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing is headed by Dr. Elizabeth Simon (pictured third from left) Dr. Simon says, "Nyack College nursing has a vision: to be globally engaged in the service of diverse populations. My service as the director of nursing is to nurture an environment to accomplish that vision. Nyack nursing will blend that vision of transcontinental presence and service-learning into the framework of the curriculum."
Another highlight of the ceremony was the announcement of the SUNY Rockland Community College (RCC) Scholarship in honor of RCC President Dr. Cliff L. Wood. Beginning in the fall 2011 semester, grants of $1,000 will be awarded to all RCC students with a 3.0 GPA, who enroll in the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Nyack College.
Learn more about Nyack's first healthcare professional program at www.nyack.edu/nursing. For more information on the curriculum and the application process, phone director of undergraduate admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.336.9225.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>