President Scales Announces Approval of D.Min. at ATS
2010 is the year of jubilee for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) and the cause for celebrating 50 years was raised a notch when the New York State Board of Regents approved the seminary’s Doctor of Ministry degree program this month. This is the first doctoral degree offered by Nyack College/ATS and the first doctorate offered by an educational institution of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
“I believe Dr. Simpson would be proud,” declared Dr. Michael Scales. In his announcement to the campus community, he said, “Our perseverance, endurance, and persistence finally win. More importantly, God blesses us with a favorable ruling in HIS time! The Board of Regents approved the charter and master plan amendments. This means we have proven to be "institutionally ready" to offer a doctorate and secondly, that the specific D.Min. is approved.”
With campuses strategically located in Nyack and New York City, Scales pointed out, “This is a major step in our God-given goal to become New York's Christian university. And a Christ-centered university in New York is a Christ-centered university to the world!”
Dr. Elias Dantas is the Director of the D.Min. in Christian Leadership in the Global Context, which will be offered exclusively at the Rockland County, NY campus beginning January 2011. Prior to his ATS appointment, Dr. Dantas was the associate pastor at Bel Air Presbyterian Church in California. He has a vision for the church and a vision for how ATS might by used by God to fulfill it.
“We want to build churches that are with the community, not just in it,” Dantas says. “We’re becoming a country of foreign born people. We need to help leaders minister in an urban context.”
The opportunity to help churches do that is part of what drew Dantas to ATS. The native Brazilian has always recognized the importance of creating a church with a global mindset. At ATS, that global mindset permeates everything. It reflects the vision and mission of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
The ATS program seeks “to integrate the practice of ministry with a theological and biblical base.” Prospective students interested in the 36-credit, three-year program, should contact the Office of Admissions for details on the application process by phoning 1.800.541.6891 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about the D.Min program by visiting the ATS website or directly by visiting www.nyack.edu/dmin.
- YouVersion Founder Bobby Gruenewald Calls Nyack/ATS Grads World Changers
- Nyack Student Government Recognizes Campus Leaders
- Commencement Guests Share Appreciation for Nyack's Mission
- Celebrating Commencement 2016
- Parents of Youth 7-18! Check Out Summer Sports Camps at Nyack
- Zahir Edwards (1996-2016)...President Scales Pays Tribute to a Nyack Warrior
- Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
- Nyack Students and Faculty Perform in Musikabend
- Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
- Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
- Nyack College 2016 Honorary Degree Recipient Featured in "The Village"
- The 2016 Celebration of Woman
- Nyack NYC School of Music Profs and Student in Jazz on the Plaza!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement at the Westchester County Center
- Meet Nyack's 2016 Valedictorians!
- Battery Park Campus Now Owned by Nyack College
- A Celebration of Pentecost at Bedford Community Church
- Dr. David Ireland, Rockland County Day of Prayer Keynote Speaker
- Just Released! The Fine Print 2016
- Celebrating Nyack Honor Society Students
- Last Weekend Performances of Mozart's "The Magic Flute"
- West Side Story in Lower Manhattan
- Nyack Doing Community Well: Loving Our Neighbor
- Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
- PRAXIS Connections Dinner for Emerging Leaders at Nyack NYC
- Browse Blog Archive>>