DC Campus Hosts "Turning Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes"
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday May 11, 2010
The Nyack DC campus recently hosted a workshop, "Program Evaluation: Turning Your Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes," for non-profit organizations. Participants were primarily from organizations in the Washington, DC area, though some traveled from as far away as New York.
The May 8 workshop facilitator was Nancy Chan (pictured at left), an economics and policy analyst at the Stanford Research Institute and a former analyst at the Urban Institute.
A graduate of the Master of Public Policy Institute at Georgetown University, where she concentrated in public management and non-profit studies, Ms. Chan also holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She became involved with non-profits when she helped Little Lights Urban Ministries launch their after-school tutoring program for inner city children in Southeast DC.
Dean Johnson shared about the overwhelmingly positive feedback from workshop attendees. "They expressed a deep sense of satisfaction at the increased sense of competency after learning how to translate their compelling grass roots success stories into language that can attract funders to their cause."
This workshop and previous ones sponsored by the DC campus demonstrate Nyack's commitment to community development and relationship-building with government and social agencies in the metropolitan DC area.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>