DC Campus Hosts "Turning Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes"
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday May 11, 2010
The Nyack DC campus recently hosted a workshop, "Program Evaluation: Turning Your Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes," for non-profit organizations. Participants were primarily from organizations in the Washington, DC area, though some traveled from as far away as New York.
The May 8 workshop facilitator was Nancy Chan (pictured at left), an economics and policy analyst at the Stanford Research Institute and a former analyst at the Urban Institute.
A graduate of the Master of Public Policy Institute at Georgetown University, where she concentrated in public management and non-profit studies, Ms. Chan also holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She became involved with non-profits when she helped Little Lights Urban Ministries launch their after-school tutoring program for inner city children in Southeast DC.
Dean Johnson shared about the overwhelmingly positive feedback from workshop attendees. "They expressed a deep sense of satisfaction at the increased sense of competency after learning how to translate their compelling grass roots success stories into language that can attract funders to their cause."
This workshop and previous ones sponsored by the DC campus demonstrate Nyack's commitment to community development and relationship-building with government and social agencies in the metropolitan DC area.
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- Browse Blog Archive>>