DC Campus Hosts "Turning Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes"
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday May 11, 2010
The Nyack DC campus recently hosted a workshop, "Program Evaluation: Turning Your Success Stories Into Fundable Outcomes," for non-profit organizations. Participants were primarily from organizations in the Washington, DC area, though some traveled from as far away as New York.
The May 8 workshop facilitator was Nancy Chan (pictured at left), an economics and policy analyst at the Stanford Research Institute and a former analyst at the Urban Institute.
A graduate of the Master of Public Policy Institute at Georgetown University, where she concentrated in public management and non-profit studies, Ms. Chan also holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She became involved with non-profits when she helped Little Lights Urban Ministries launch their after-school tutoring program for inner city children in Southeast DC.
Dean Johnson shared about the overwhelmingly positive feedback from workshop attendees. "They expressed a deep sense of satisfaction at the increased sense of competency after learning how to translate their compelling grass roots success stories into language that can attract funders to their cause."
This workshop and previous ones sponsored by the DC campus demonstrate Nyack's commitment to community development and relationship-building with government and social agencies in the metropolitan DC area.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>