C&MA Names ATS Alumnus to Leadership Role
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday April 22, 2010
Rev. Rosilio Roman III, a 1995 alumnus of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, has been appointed to the post of assistant vice president for Multicultural Ministries and Church Multiplication by The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
Considered a historic move for the Alliance, vice president for Church ministries, Rev. John Soper commented recently on Roman's selection. "As our congregations are becoming more culturally diverse, so must our national leadership." Rev. Soper, a member of the Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees shared, "Ethnic people currently represent about one-third of the population of the United States, and that same percentage is held within the upper leadership of Church Ministries."
Rev. Roman has served for more than 25 years at the C&MA's National Office in Colorado Springs. His ministry career began as a chaplain candidate in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. From 1987 to 1995, he was senior pastor of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church of Manati-Pueblo in Manati, Puerto Rico. He later served as church planting director as well as district superintendent of the Puerto Rico District of the C&MA.
The Nyack/ATS campus community salutes the accomplishments of Rev. Roman and applauds the C&MA for recognizing the new assistant vice president as a valuable asset to the Alliance.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>