Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack Rockland - May 21-22
The Nyack College School of Music is proud to announce its Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest, May 21-22, 2010 on the Rockland County campus. Coordinated by Nyack music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, this inspiring two-day program of piano master classes, lectures, and concerts is open to all music lovers—students, adult amateurs, teachers, and observers. The program welcomes pianists from intermediate to advanced levels to be active participants. One or two-day registration options are available for students and observers. Audience can purchase tickets to events and concerts.
The internationally renowned concert pianist, Ann Schein, (pictured above) is the featured guest artist. The Washington Post has said of her: “Thank heaven for Ann Schein…what a relief it is to hear a pianist who, with no muss or fuss, simply reaches right into the heart of whatever she is playing and creates music so powerful you cannot tear yourself away.”
Ms. Schein, Dr. Lum, and Dr. Lisa Yui will conduct master classes. Lecture demonstrations will be presented by Dr. Emily White and Dr. David Witten. Topics to be addressed in the classes include, “Performing and Memorizing Post-Romantic Repertoire,” “The Greatest Method Book Never Written: Chopin’s Sketchbook for Pianists,” and “Master Class for Adult Amateurs.”
For more information about this two-day event, contact Tammy Lum, program director at firstname.lastname@example.org 845-675-4MUS. Details are also available at www.hudsonriverpianofest.org
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>