Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack Rockland - May 21-22
The Nyack College School of Music is proud to announce its Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest, May 21-22, 2010 on the Rockland County campus. Coordinated by Nyack music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, this inspiring two-day program of piano master classes, lectures, and concerts is open to all music lovers—students, adult amateurs, teachers, and observers. The program welcomes pianists from intermediate to advanced levels to be active participants. One or two-day registration options are available for students and observers. Audience can purchase tickets to events and concerts.
The internationally renowned concert pianist, Ann Schein, (pictured above) is the featured guest artist. The Washington Post has said of her: “Thank heaven for Ann Schein…what a relief it is to hear a pianist who, with no muss or fuss, simply reaches right into the heart of whatever she is playing and creates music so powerful you cannot tear yourself away.”
Ms. Schein, Dr. Lum, and Dr. Lisa Yui will conduct master classes. Lecture demonstrations will be presented by Dr. Emily White and Dr. David Witten. Topics to be addressed in the classes include, “Performing and Memorizing Post-Romantic Repertoire,” “The Greatest Method Book Never Written: Chopin’s Sketchbook for Pianists,” and “Master Class for Adult Amateurs.”
For more information about this two-day event, contact Tammy Lum, program director at email@example.com 845-675-4MUS. Details are also available at www.hudsonriverpianofest.org
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Browse Blog Archive>>