Michael Ahn - 2010 Nyack/ATS Commencement Speaker
Michael (Myeong Kyu) Ahn is this year’s speaker for the Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary commencement ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 8, 2010. The college will award him an honorary Doctor of Letters degree. Commencement will be held at 2:00 p.m. at the Westchester County Center located at 198 Central Ave. in White Plains, NY.
From January 2004 through March 2010, Mr. Ahn was president and chief executive officer of LG Electronics North America, the regional headquarters of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force in consumer electronics, mobile communications, and home appliances. After retiring from a 34-year career, he is now senior advisor to LG. He provides strategic counsel to LG Electronics and advises small- and medium-size businesses, as well as not-for-profit organizations.
In this role, Mr. Ahn successfully realigned LG’s multi-faceted North American operations into a single, consolidated business structure, while building the LG brand into a top-tier player in the company’s core business areas. As CEO, he provided strategic direction for LG Electronics activities in the United States, Canada and Mexico, encompassing LG Home Entertainment, Home Appliances, Mobile Phones, Business Solutions, and Air Conditioning products, as well as related service and support activities.
A Vietnam War veteran, Mr. Ahn received the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the Anti-Defamation League in 2008. He continues to be active in industry affairs, as chairman of the Korean Chamber of Commerce in the USA and as a lecturer on marketing at Korea and Yonsei Universities.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>