Update on Nyack's Fundraising for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Nearly three months after the devastating earthquake in Haiti, an update on Nyack's efforts to raise funds to help survivors of the January 2010 disaster was reported by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda on behalf of the Solidarity Committee.
In a recent email, she shares: "We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all the students, faculty, deans, department chairs, and staff members who helped in multiple ways to make the Open Mic and Benefit Concert for Haiti such a great success. The two events combined allowed the student subcommittee to raise a total of $1,129.17."
She continues, "...the Lord has blessed the efforts of our Nyack/ATS community as we have come together to extend a hand to our brothers and sisters in Haiti. Our fund currently has a total of $2,919.17 and we are planning to have one more fundraiser before the end of the semester."
Dr. Balmaceda solicits the continued prayers for Haiti from the campus community as well as prayer asking for God's direction for the committee as it makes final decisions about the community development project that will receive the funds raised this semester.
Strength in numbers is evident in the collaboration of the faculty, staff, and students as Nyack demonstrates its core values.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>