Update on Nyack's Fundraising for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Nearly three months after the devastating earthquake in Haiti, an update on Nyack's efforts to raise funds to help survivors of the January 2010 disaster was reported by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda on behalf of the Solidarity Committee.
In a recent email, she shares: "We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all the students, faculty, deans, department chairs, and staff members who helped in multiple ways to make the Open Mic and Benefit Concert for Haiti such a great success. The two events combined allowed the student subcommittee to raise a total of $1,129.17."
She continues, "...the Lord has blessed the efforts of our Nyack/ATS community as we have come together to extend a hand to our brothers and sisters in Haiti. Our fund currently has a total of $2,919.17 and we are planning to have one more fundraiser before the end of the semester."
Dr. Balmaceda solicits the continued prayers for Haiti from the campus community as well as prayer asking for God's direction for the committee as it makes final decisions about the community development project that will receive the funds raised this semester.
Strength in numbers is evident in the collaboration of the faculty, staff, and students as Nyack demonstrates its core values.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>